The Barchester Care Awards celebrate excellence in the quality of care we provide by recognising those individuals that go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of those we support.
The awards were open to employees from all of Barchester’s 248 care homes and hospitals across the UK. In 2021, there were over 2,900 nominations. Divisional Winners were selected, and a panel of judges decided on the overall National Winners for each category.
The categories have been created to reflect the outstanding contribution in a whole variety of roles across the company, ranging from ‘Registered Nurse of the Year’ and ‘Foundation Champion’ to ‘Chef of the Year’ and 'Activities Coordinator of the Year'.
The National Winners of the Barchester Care Awards 2021 were announced at a special awards ceremony on Wednesday 13th October. Please see the below for a full list of National Winners for 2021. To see the list of Divisional Winners for 2021, please click here.
Nominations for the 2021 awards are now closed. Thank you to everyone who made a nomination.
National Winners 2021
- Carer of the year - Antoneta Burgess from Beaufort Grange
- Registered Nurse of the Year - Sharon Batchelor from Canmore Lodge
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Agnieszka Szalinska Dutkowiak from Cherry Trees
- General Manager/Hospital Director of the Year - Robert Dura-May from Sutton Valence
- Care Practitioner of the Year - Paul Black from Drummond Grange
- Maintenance Champion - Steve Forrest from Canmore Lodge
- Garden of the Year - Cherry Blossom Manor
- Home Administration Champion - Katrina Perry from Ashchurch View
- Team of the Year - Arbour Court
- Learner of the Year - Trevor Davis from Hawthorns
- Chef of the Year - Radovan Smalo from Wood Grange
- Activities Coordinator of the Year - Kelly Scott from Lindum House
- Customer Service Champion - Claire Gibson from Briardene
- Hospitality Champion - Mary Christie from Strachan House
- Community Engagement Award - Rachel Anderson from The Fernes
- Dementia Care Champion - Lee Sharpe from Hethersett Hall
- Health and Safety Champion - Adrian Stoica from Chorleywood Beaumont
- Foundation Champion - Julia Leslie