The Barchester Care Awards celebrate excellence in the quality of care we provide by recognising those individuals that go the extra mile to make a difference to the lives of those we support.
The awards were open to employees from all of Barchester’s 240 care homes and hospitals across the UK. In 2020, there were over 2,800 nominations. Divisional Winners were selected, and a panel of judges decided on the overall National Winners for each category.
The categories have been created to reflect the outstanding contribution in a whole variety of roles across the company, ranging from ‘Registered Nurse of the Year’ and ‘Foundation Champion’ to ‘Chef of the Year’ and 'Activities Coordinator of the Year'.
The National Winners of the Barchester Care Awards 2020 were announced in a virtual awards on Thursday 8th October. Please see the below for a full list of National Winners for 2020.
Nominations for the 2020 awards are now closed. Thank you to everyone who made a nomination.
National Winners 2020
- Carer of the Year - Gennet Share from Windermere House Independent Hospital
- Registered Nurse of the Year - Anumol Thomas from Woodland View Care Home
- Learner of the Year - Sophie Pynenburg from Bod Hyfryd Care Home
- Dementia Care Champion - Nicola Woods from Chalfont Lodge Care Centre
- Activities Coordinator of the Year - Jamie Hodgson from Laurel Bank Care Home
- Hospitality Champion - Debbie Murcott from Badgeworth Court Care Centre
- Team of the Year - Fordmill Care Home
- Maintenance Champion - Paul Harte from Ritson Lodge Care Home
- Home Administration Champion - James Steedman from Archview Lodge Care Home
- Community Engagement Award - Scarlet Leatham from Milford House Care Home
- Foundation Champion - Tony Wollett
- Volunteer of the Year - Jean Collyer from Marriott House and Lodge Care Home
- Care Practitioner of the Year - Gill Harper from Threshfield Court Care Centre
- Chef of the Year - Avni Fejzulla from Bushey House Beaumont Care Home
- Customer Service Champion - Chelsey Faulkner from Chacombe Park Care Home
- Garden of the Year - Chacombe Park Care Home
- General Manager of the Year - Fiona Gough from Adlington Manor Care Home
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Marilyn Knight from Red Oaks Care Home