The Walker family owned the Southgate Beaumont (then known as Arnos Grove House) from 1777 to 1918. They were brewers, but they became better known for their cricketing achievements.
During the Victorian period, Isaac Walker and his wife had 12 children. Not much is known about the 5 girls, but the 7 sons became very prominent in top class cricket, establishing the Walker ground in Waterfall Road and being closely involved with the setting up of the Middlesex County Cricket Club.
Vyell Edward Walker (known as 'Teddy') was regarded as the best all round cricketer until W.G. Grace appeared on the scene.
None of the brothers married and the house was sold in 1918 by the last of the them: Russell Donnithorne.