The Foundation Champion is an important award because it recognises those who support Barchester's Charitable Foundation in whatever way they can, to both to increase awareness of an important cause, and raise money to help those outside of Barchester who also need support.
The winner of the Foundation Champion at the Barchester Care Awards 2018 was Team Barchy, which consisted of 6 Barchester staff members:
- Violet Kotu, Regional Director
- Jodie Ramcharitar, Hospital Director at Jasmine Court Independent Hospital
- Natasha Lazovic, Divisional Director
- Tracy Johnston, Regional Director
- Jack Titterton, General Manager at Braeburn Lodge
- Kerry Angeloni, General Manager at Tixover House
Team Barchy competed in the British 10k race in London, raising an impressive £3,959 for the Foundation, smashing their target of £1500. They were supported by Barchester homes who did all sorts of very inventive fundraising for the team, including care washing and static bike rides.
- Ben Rogers from Ashfields
- Susan Dickinson, Clinical Trainer