Thousands of people at risk of blindness may be given access to a sight-saving treatment.
Previously the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) had said that only one in five NHS patients with macular degeneration would receive the "gold standard" Lucentis medication.
According to the Telegraph, Nice may now abolish this decision in new draft guidelines to be published on Friday.
The original guidelines stated that patients should only be given the £28,000 treatment if they developed the disease in their second eye after already losing partial vision in the other.
Since Nice's ruling, it has received 13,000 complaints.
Macular degeneration is an age-related condition which affects approximately a quarter of a million people throughout the UK.
A spokesperson from the Royal National Institute for the Blind told the Daily Mail that it was "completely unacceptable" that 80 per cent of patients were being left without treatment.
Please click here for advice about finding the right type of care.